Saturday, June 20, 2009

Transition and Influence

I'm less than two weeks away from a significant transition in my life. I'm transforming a life changing relationship, eventually settling into a new home, and ultimately needing to find ground again in who I am and where I'm going after three years of graduate school. Though somewhat cliche, I'm starting this blog...if only to keep me connected during this transition, to my creativity, and the beauty around me that inspires me to be me. I'm not making any promises to myself about keeping up with daily posts, but I'll do my best to write something, even on the difficult days that are lonely and without motivation.

I have hopes of using this as an activity of connection, rather than isolation. So please, share your thoughts. This is a work in progress. It is as much a practice of challenging myself to be vulnerable and share who I am, as it is an opportunity to appreciate those around me and how they've shaped my life.

.....On that note, my first dose of inspiration comes from my brother, Aaron. He would probably agree that our connection over the years has been anything but constant. Random phone calls, conversations of brevity, tip of the iceberg moments that only provide a superficial experience of who we really are. Underlying this, however, is a certain sense of support and understanding that can only be appreciated by siblings.

Through his work, he has inspired me to stay connected to things that make me, me. He seems to have always had a sense of who he is, rarely doubting his passion and purpose.

Aaron is currently working as a professional photographer in Chicago. I find his photos dreamlike, whimsical, and inviting. Thank you, brother, for pushing the boundaries of your creativity and for inspiring me to challenge mine. You've been more influential than you know.






No comments:

Post a Comment